Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Void.

I would like to give you a gift.
A gift of nothing.
How can nothing have value?
Let me tell you.

Without nothing,
Everything is meaningless.
This gift is not a small thing.
Yet it has no size, no weight.

Nothing.
The void.
Unending in all directions.
Black and grey and white.

See this void.
Feel this emptiness.
Hear the whispers.
Touch the insubstantial.

A gift of such enormous proportions,
You might not even realize what I am offering.
The beginning, the genesis.
The end, the apocalypse.

How can we understand existence,
Without knowing what lies beyond?
Before it all started.
After is has all gone away.

My gift is freedom.
My gift is serenity.
There is no judgement.
There is no one watching.

The void hears our prayers.
The void excuses our sins.
The void sees our deeds.
The void is waiting.

2 comments:

  1. As said on VampireFreaks.com a real good poem! ^^
    Will read the gift part *most recent* tomorrow.

    -Edwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually poems about 'nothing' and 'voids' depress me, this didn't though.
    I like it, it doesn't look like you're trying too hard, it just kind of flows out of you.
    And I totally imagine you saying this, I can hear your voice in my head! D:

    One day.. you're gonna become a preacher.

    ReplyDelete