Thursday, January 22, 2009

Games

“So there I was. Summoned into the ‘world of man’. Funny little creatures you are, this was never your world.” The creature grabbed a cigar out of the box on the table. Its eyes narrowed slightly as it spoke again, “These are nice. There are some good things you have created I guess. Still, you’re all way too focused on yourselves. Really, you don’t really matter, this world will do what it has always done, look out for itself. Seeing as that you’re all still here, you’re not that bad.”

How had I ever ended up here? I am just a reporter, and sure, interviewing the monster some guy had summoned could be good for my career, but I’d rather be at home, watching it on television. The thing blew a cloud of smoke my way, “Those television things are wonderful though. Although.. I assume you never ment them to be mind control devices? They are still primitive, but so are you.”

I blinked. It could read my mind? Another cloud. “Read, no. You’re practically shouting. You think I’m actually talking? I have no vocal chords of any kind.” I blinked again, “Okay.. so.. eh.. why were you summoned?” It smiled, or what should’ve been a smile. “The summoner intended me to ‘destroy these foolish ones fouling up this beautiful world’. So I arrived, found out what he wanted, then asked her. She found it most amusing, I’ll tell you.”

“She? Who are you talking about?” The eyes of the creature widened, “You mean you don’t know? My, you are primitive.. Now, obviously, I wasn’t going to do what the summoner told me to do, so I ate him. I decide to see what this world is like, and get out of that basement we were in. There was a scared woman there, who wondered what her son had done this time, and why he was such a no-good basement dweller. So there I was, on the street, and I see some other people. You have to realise, it takes some time to learn the language of a people. Before I could talk to them, they panicked and fled. I decided to wait.”

It throws away the burnt out cigar, and picks up another one. “Eventually, I get bored. I fly around a little, and see panic everywhere. You are all quite incapable of listening when you’re panicking, quite annoying. After a while, there are airplanes around me, so I decide to land. Make talking a bit easier, you know? After landing, a group of people comes up to me. They ask me who I am, what I am doing here, and if I bring the end of the world. I laughed, but they don’t like the sound. They tell me I should leave. I still wonder why. Eventually this ‘expert’ joins them, who is even more scared. He tells me, we’re going to play a game. I win, I can destroy the world. He wins, I leave.”

I swallow, that part was on the news already. It had eaten the so called expert. Everyone was still wondering why he had challenged the thing to a game. “Yes.. You know, he had good reason to suggest the game. It is in the rules, that if we agree to that game and he wins, we do as he says. So I ate him.”

“But why?”, I say. It did the smile again. “Only if we agree to the game, mind you. And I do hate games.”

1 comment:

  1. I really really like this one ^o^
    ik zie echt zo'n mega fluffig groen beestje voor me :3
    ook al is dat waarschijnlijk niet de bedoeling xD

    ReplyDelete